Requirements for CDL Passenger Endorsement.
An applicant for the passenger endorsement must satisfy both of the following additional knowledge and skills test requirements.
Knowledge test. All applicants for the passenger endorsement must have knowledge covering at least the following topics:
- Proper procedures for loading/unloading passengers;
- Proper use of emergency exits, including push out windows;
- Proper responses to such emergency situations as fires and unruly passengers;
- Proper procedures at railroad crossings and drawbridges; and
- Proper braking procedures.
Skills test. To obtain a passenger endorsement applicable to a specific vehicle group, an applicant must take his/her skills test in a passenger vehicle satisfying the requirements of that group as defined in 167;383.91
For more complete details and information on obtaining a CDL Passenger Endorsement please refer to 49 CFR 383.117
Source: 49 CFR 383
Copyright © 2006 – 2019 cdldigest.com All rights reserved.
***CDLDIGEST.COM is not owned by, operated by, or affiliated with any government agency.***