Requirements for CDL Tank Vehicle Endorsement.
In order to obtain a CDL Tank Vehicle Endorsement, each applicant must have knowledge covering the following:
- Causes, prevention, and effects of cargo surge on motor vehicle handling;
- Proper braking procedures for the motor vehicle when it is empty, full and partially full;
- Differences in handling of baffled/compartmental tank interiors versus non baffled motor vehicles;
- Differences in tank vehicle type and construction;
- Differences in cargo surge for liquids of varying product densities;
- Effects of road grade and curvature on motor vehicle handling with filled, half filled and empty tanks;
- Proper use of emergency systems; and
- For drivers of DOT specification tank vehicles, retest and marking requirements.
For more complete details and information on obtaining a Tank Vehicle Endorsement please refer to 49 CFR 383.119
Source: 49 CFR 383
Copyright © 2006 – 2019 cdldigest.com All rights reserved.
***CDLDIGEST.COM is not owned by, operated by, or affiliated with any government agency.***