MEDICAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR COMMERCIAL DRIVERS LICENSE (CDL).
A person shall not drive a commercial motor vehicle unless he/she is physically qualified to do so and, except as provided in §167;391.67, must have on his/her person the original, or a photographic copy, of a medical examiner’s certificate to show that he/she is physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle.
For more detailed information, please refer to the following:
- RegulationsPhysical Qualifications (49 CFR Part 391.41)
- Medical Certificate Instructions
- Medical Examination Form (PDF)
- General Qualifications (49 CFR Part 391.11)
- DOT Procedures for Drug and Alcohol Testing (49 CFR Part 40)
- Waivers/Exemptions/Pilot Programs (49 CFR Part 381)
- Alternative Physical Qualifications for Loss/Impairment of Limbs (49 CFR Part 391.49)
- Medical Evaluation Conflict Resolution (49 CFR Part 391.47)
- Intra-City Zone Driver Limited Exemptions (49 CFR Part 391.62)
- Vision & Diabetes Waiver Grand fathering Study (49 CFR Part 391.64)
Source: 49 CFR 391