CDL Digest has the latest CDL License information and the latest trucking news from the most trusted sources in the industry.
- Ottawa truckers to honor kids who died at residential schoolsby Leo Barros on June 17, 2021
Truck drivers in Ottawa plan to run a memorial convoy to pay tribute to the children who died at residential schools on Sunday, June 20. […]
- Jobless Claims Rise for First Time Since Aprilby Olivia Rockeman on June 17, 2021
Applications for U.S. state unemployment insurance rose slightly for the first time since late April, likely a temporary blip for a labor […]
- Genesee & Wyoming subsidiary to operate bulk transfer facility in central...by Joanna Marsh on June 17, 2021
A G&W subsidiary has acquired a facility formerly known as the Port of Ivory. The subsidiary will conduct bulk transfer operations at […]
- KeepTruckin Raises Fresh Funds Valuing Startup at $2.3 Billionby Gillian Tan on June 17, 2021
KeepTruckin Inc. raised $190 million in a new funding round that values the San Francisco-based provider of fleet management software at […]
- Rule 1 Ventures offers blueprint for growing FreightTech businessesby Jack Glenn on June 17, 2021
CEO Todd Ehrlich says the venture studio model leverages valuable resources for innovators to build startups faster and with less […]
- Transport Topics Radioby Transport Topics on June 17, 2021
Transport Topics Radio is a weekly news roundtable airing Saturdays on SiriusXM channel 146 from 1-3 p.m. ET and rebroadcast Saturday […]
- Pandemic response dominates this year’s Top 10 legal issues for private...by James Menzies on June 17, 2021
As businesses take steps to return to normal following broad economic shutdowns put into place to contain the Covid-19 pandemic, they will […]
- Teleworking Travel Habits May Offer Insight on Freight Mobility, Expert...by Eleanor Lamb on June 17, 2021
Data on the drastic changes in commuting patterns that resulted from the COVID-19 pandemic likely will present useful insight on impacts to […]
- Porch pirates pose a greater threat than burglars, and consumers are...by John Simms, contributor on June 17, 2021
Each day, 1.7 million packages are stolen off porches, yet businesses and consumers are not investing in theft-protection security.
- Potential tropical storm eyeing US Gulf Coast this weekendby Nick Austin, Director of Weather Analytics and Senior Meteorologist on June 17, 2021
Tropical system could slow down freight flows this weekend in the lower Mississippi Valley (forecast video included).
- Daily Infographic: Container Ship Fleet Sizeby Brandon Cafferky on June 17, 2021
Container Ship Fleet Size by Nationality of Operation
- The Daily Dash: Uncovering the whole story in retail salesby FreightWaves Staff on June 17, 2021
In today’s edition, we highlight May’s retail sales numbers, battery technology for locomotives and more.
- Shippers, brokers square off over ocean carrier tariff pricesby John Gallagher, Washington Correspondent on June 17, 2021
U.S. food trade group tells maritime regulators that carrier profits do not justify added fees.
- White Paper: Simplifying Time-Critical Medical Specimen Shipmentsby Sponsor on June 17, 2021
How to Prevent Costly Delays
- Senate Commerce Panel OKs $78 Billion Highway Safety Billby Eugene Mulero on June 16, 2021
Legislation that would dedicate $78 billion over five years for freight, trucking and rail safety programs was advanced by the U.S. Senate […]
- Bestpass Expands Toll Coverage to Alabamaby Staff on June 16, 2021
Bestpass integrates toll management and payment technology with American Roads.
- KeepTruckin Launches Tech to Help Fleets Analyze Fuel Consumptionby Staff on June 16, 2021
KeepTruckinâ€™s Fuel Hub uses high-frequency telematics data and artificial intelligence to analyze driver and vehicle efficiency, and […]
- Heyl Truck Lines buys regional carrier Holiday Expressby Todd Maiden on June 16, 2021
Heyl Truck Lines announced the acquisition of Holiday Express. The deal combines two Iowa-based temperature-controlled haulers.
- Bridgestone Kodiak Investment to Enable Smart Tire Tech in Autonomous...by Deborah Lockridge on June 16, 2021
What happens if an autonomous truck gets a flat tire? Kodiak and Bridgestone are working together to use technology to help keep that from […]
- Hub Adds Excess Liability Insurance to Protect Carriersby Staff on June 16, 2021
Hub International has launched an excess liability insurance designed to give truck carriers broad coverage and protect them from potential […]
- Kodiak Robotics getting more than tire data from Bridgestone partnershipby Alan Adler on June 16, 2021
Bridgestone invests in Kodiak Robotics and sees tire data sharing improving safety of autonomous trucks.
- Are carriers totally in the driver’s seat? — #WithSONARby Kaylee Nix on June 16, 2021
On this episode of #WithSONAR, Luke Falasca and Kyle Taylor look at who controls this crazy market.
- FedEx Freight customer dump shows LTL carriers in driver’s seatby Eric Kulisch, Air Cargo Editor on June 16, 2021
Hundreds of shippers, including ones that supply big-box retailers like Home Depot and Lowe’s, are scrambling for transportation after […]
- North America supply chain reshoring will not happen, report saysby Mark Solomon on June 16, 2021
The report says that North America will be less appealing than Asia in the eyes of business, at least through mid-decade.
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Plan Gains Supportby Erik Wasson and Laura Litvan on June 16, 2021
Prospects for a bipartisan deal on the biggest infrastructure package in decades improved on June 16 as 21 senators, including 11 […]
- Electric vehicle production key to economic recovery — Transmissionby Kaylee Nix on June 16, 2021
On this episode of Transmission, Grace Sharkey and Sebastian Blanco look at the boost electric vehicle manufacturing could give the U.S. […]
- TFI M&A engine keeps purring, acquires Procamby Nate Tabak, Border and North America Correspondent on June 16, 2021
TFI International quietly buys Montreal-area trucking and logistics firm Procam International to expand its network.
- How Proper Truck Tire Pressure Saves Fleets Fuelby Vesna Brajkovic on June 16, 2021
For maximum fuel efficiency from tires, go beyond passive tire pressure monitoring and look to telematics data.
- New cranes, cross-docks to help handle growing volumes in Pacific Northwestby Kim Link-Wills, Senior Editor on June 16, 2021
“We know larger ships carrying increased volumes are coming. We want to be out in front of that curve.”
- 14 things we learned about private truck fleetsby John G Smith on June 16, 2021
Canada’s private fleets have offered further insights into their activities, with the release of the fifth annual benchmarking survey […]
- Inside scoop on ice cream logisticsby Timothy Dooner on June 16, 2021
From pint to cone, we're talking about trucking ice cream. Plus, what does FedEx move mean for LTL?
- Battle Motors, PositivEnergy Partner to Install Charging Stationsby Staff on June 16, 2021
The companies will install charging stations at municipal accounts across North America.
- Locomation Adds PGT Trucking to Its Autonomous Convoyby Roger Gilroy on June 16, 2021
Self-driving technology company Locomation announced motor carrier PGT Trucking Inc. is the latest fleet to sign up for its human-guided […]
- Labor, Driver Shortages Delay Commercial, Military Movesby Eric Miller on June 16, 2021
The moving industry is facing mammoth labor and truck driver shortages during the peak military moving season and an explosion of moving […]
- Banana boats to call on Tampaby Joanna Marsh on June 16, 2021
Port Tampa Bay will become one of three Gulf Coast ports accepting containerized cargo from fruit importer Dole.
- FreightWaves Classics: Big plans for Interstate 11 coming down the roadby Scott Mall, Managing Editor of FreightWaves Classics on June 16, 2021
Interstate 11 is the newest interstate highway. It is quite short now, but there are big plans for its growth.
- NRF Seeks Meeting With Biden Over Port Congestion Issuesby Dan Ronan on June 16, 2021
Congestion and delays in the supply chain continue to be a major headache for the nation’s retailers and now the National Retail […]
- PMTC elects new board of directorsby Today's Trucking Staff on June 16, 2021
The Private Motor Truck Council (PMTC) of Canada has announced its incoming board of directors. Their term runs from July 1, 2021, through […]
- Retail sales remain strong in May; future freight flows look promisingby Todd Maiden on June 16, 2021
The headline number for May retail sales was a sequential decline. What may have been lost in the report is that consumers are continuing […]
- Waymo hauls in $2.5B from current investors for autonomous expansionby Alan Adler on June 16, 2021
Outside funding totals nearly $5 billion as Waymo’s expenses rise to expand driverless ride hailing and high-autonomy trucking software.
- Pandemic has taken toll on drivers’ physical and mental healthby James Menzies on June 16, 2021
Professional drivers have had a particularly rough go of Covid-19. Consider their occupation was already one of isolation. Then there’s […]
- Wabtec, GM collaborating on advanced battery technologies for locomotivesby Joanna Marsh on June 16, 2021
Wabtec and General Motors have signed a memorandum of understanding to develop and commercialize GM’s advanced battery technology and its […]
- Alphabet’s Waymo Raises $2.5 Billion After Key Departuresby Molly Schuetz and Gabrielle Coppola on June 16, 2021
Waymo, Alphabet Inc.’s self-driving car unit, said it raised $2.5 billion in a recent funding round to help advance its technology and […]
- Ransomware gang behind Utility, CSX attacks feels heat in Ukraineby Nate Tabak, Border and North America Correspondent on June 16, 2021
Ukrainian police arrest six alleged members of Clop, a notorious ransomware gang behind multiple cyberattacks on transportation and […]
- Sen. Manchin Cites ‘Grave Concerns’ About US ‘Going to the EV’by Melissa Nann Burke on June 16, 2021
WASHINGTON — U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin, a conservative Democrat whose vote is key to any infrastructure deal in the narrowly divided Senate, […]
- Daily Infographic: Mexico Remains Top US Trade Partnerby Brandon Cafferky on June 16, 2021
Mexico Remains Top US Trade Partner, Canada No. 2
- Democrats Prepare Go-It-Alone Approach on Infrastructureby Lisa Mascaro and Kevin Freking on June 16, 2021
WASHINGTON — Patience running thin, Democratic leaders are laying the groundwork for a go-it-alone approach on President Joe Biden’s […]
- Carriers, Independent Contractors Oppose California AB 5 Contractor Lawby Eric Miller on June 16, 2021
Trade organizations representing motor carriers and independent owner-operators alike say they strongly oppose a new California law that […]
- U.S. Xpress 'Reimagines' Brokerage, Focuses on Technologyby Staff on June 16, 2021
U.S. Xpress Enterprises is â€œreimaginingâ€ its brokerage segment, building and scaling a digital freight marketplace that […]
- Can retailers’ marketing efforts reach the right consumer 90% of the...by Brian Straight, managing editor, Modern Shipper on June 16, 2021
Commerce Signals has launched a targeted marketing tool that it said improves the chance a marketing campaign will reach the right consumer […]