CDL Digest has the latest CDL License information and the latest trucking news from the most trusted sources in the industry.
- Cash-strapped Nikola expands equity-for-credit line to $600Mby Alan Adler on September 28, 2021
Second $300 million deal with Tumim Stone Capital will cover Nikola’s cash needs as it ramps up electric truck production.
- Weekly retail diesel price harkens back to 2014 levelsby John Kingston on September 27, 2021
Commodity diesel prices also rose on Monday, up toward October 2018 levels
- Ford Plans Three EV Battery Factories, Auto Plant in Ky., Tenn.by Jordyn Grzelewski and Riley Beggin on September 27, 2021
In the single largest manufacturing investment in its 118-year-history, Ford Motor Co. on Sept. 27 said it and a partner will invest $11.4 […]
- Paccar, Aurora, Fedex Pilot Autonomous Linehaul Trucking Operationby Staff on September 27, 2021
Paccarâ€™s autonomously-enabled trucks configured with the Aurora autonomous Driver platform will haul FedEx loads between Dallas and […]
- Power crisis deepens in Asia and Europe: What it means to shippingby Greg Miller, Senior Editor on September 27, 2021
As some Chinese factories go dark, more delays for container imports but bullish sign for coal, LNG and oil shipping.
- Self-described ‘shaman’ arrested in California wildfire arsonby Nick Austin, Director of Weather Analytics and Senior Meteorologist on September 27, 2021
A Palo Alto woman has been arrested on suspicion of starting the latest California wildfire, which has destroyed more than 150 structures.
- Battery-Electric Trucks: Maintenance 101by Jim Park on September 27, 2021
Dropping diesel powertrains for battery-electric means there will be fewer parts to worry about, but procedures will change and new […]
- Diesel Bumps Up 2.1¢ to $3.406 a Gallonby Transport Topics on September 27, 2021
The national average price for diesel rose 2.1 cents to $3.406 a gallon, the first time it has eclipsed $3.40 in nearly seven years, […]
- Abernathy leaves FreightWaves on the back of record growth to lead freshly...by FreightWaves Staff on September 27, 2021
FreightWaves President George Abernathy to become president of Emerge.
- HDT Fleet Innovators: Tips for Managing Truck Technologyby Jack Roberts on September 27, 2021
New technology is a constant in trucking, and how you manage it makes all the difference in the world, according to HDTâ€™s 2020 and […]
- Illinois trucking manager sentenced in $625K fraud schemeby Clarissa Hawes, Senior Editor, Investigations and Enterprise on September 27, 2021
An Illinois man was sentenced to 18 months in federal prison for defrauding the family-owned trucking company where he worked of nearly […]
- Boyle Transportation, Nussbaum Transportation repeat as top fleets for...by Brian Straight, managing editor, Modern Shipper on September 27, 2021
Boyle Transportation and Nussbaum Transportation have repeated as winners in TCA/CarrierEdge’s annual Best Fleets to Drive For contest.
- West Coast Ports Need More Funds, Seroka Saysby Jill R. Shah on September 27, 2021
The federal government needs to invest more in West Coast ports, said the head of the Port of Los Angeles, which is the nation’s biggest […]
- Container ship invasion hits both US coasts…and Chinaby Timothy Dooner on September 27, 2021
Congestion stalls freight on both US coasts and in China. The chassis problem. Hurricane logistics. More on WHAT THE TRUCK?!?
- EBI Energie promotes CNG trucks as an automatic choiceby John G Smith on September 27, 2021
Compressed natural gas (CNG) has long been promoted as an environmentally friendly alternative to diesel. But Quebec-based EBI Energie […]
- Freight Groups Press Biden Administration on AV Policyby Eugene Mulero on September 27, 2021
Freight stakeholders are calling on the U.S. Department of Transportation to proceed with implementing a regulatory framework for […]
- Rent-a-ship: Costco hires vessels for urgent deliveriesby Eric Kulisch, Air Cargo Editor on September 27, 2021
Costco is going boating. Unwilling to wait for space on commercial vessels, it is now renting its own ships to haul exports from Asia.
- Congestion, weather and chip shortages cloud rail’s outlook: Cowenby Joanna Marsh on September 27, 2021
The railroads have been facing a number of headwinds in recent months, all of which could put pressure on their financial outlooks for […]
- Nussbaum, Boyle named best overall fleetsby Today's Trucking Staff on September 27, 2021
Two companies were named overall winners of the 2021 Best Fleets to Drive For contest on Monday, during the Truckload Carriers […]
- FreightWaves Classics: Maritime Administration promotes US merchant marineby Scott Mall, Managing Editor of FreightWaves Classics on September 27, 2021
The U.S. Maritime Administration supports the U.S. merchant marine fleet. Read an overview of its history in this FreightWaves Classics […]
- Commentary: Why we didn’t cover the DAT/C.H. Robinson dealby Craig Fuller, CEO at FreightWaves on September 27, 2021
Since we compete, as a policy, we no longer cover anything (good or bad) about DAT. They only get a passing comment if they are involved in […]
- Xcel Bulk Logistics Acquires 1845’s Commercial Bulk Divisionon September 27, 2021
Xcel Bulk Logistics announced that it has acquired the 1845 Commercial Bulk Division.
- Xos to Use Cox Automotive Mobility for Battery Remanufacturingon September 27, 2021
Xos Inc., a manufacturer of Classes 5-8 battery-electric commercial vehicles, announced a collaboration with Cox Automotive Mobility to […]
- Crossword Puzzle Solution for September 27, 2021by Transport Topics on September 27, 2021
Here's the solution to the crossword puzzle found in the September 27, 2021 print edition.
- Cummins gets $5M boost from DOE to advance hydrogen effortsby Alan Adler on September 27, 2021
Cummins plans for green hydrogen production for multiple uses gets the largest of $52 million in DOE grants.
- House Transportation Reps in GOP Press for Truck Parkingby Eugene Mulero on September 27, 2021
WASHINGTON — With the U.S. House scheduled to consider key aspects of President Joe Biden’s infrastructure agenda this week, a group of […]
- Exclusive: Missouri trucker ‘snapped’ before killings, brother saysby Clarissa Hawes, Senior Editor, Investigations and Enterprise on September 27, 2021
An ongoing custody battle over his 9-year-old daughter caused Missouri truck driver J.T. McLean — who was a suspect in four homicides — […]
- USPS Mail, Small Package Delivery May Take Longer as of Oct. 1by Michelle Del Rey on September 27, 2021
The U.S. Postal Service is making changes to its express shipping as of Oct. 1 that could delay some mail going across country.
- The state of same-day deliveryby Jack Daleo on September 27, 2021
After a big week for same-day delivery services, here’s a look at the past, present and future of the same-day market.
- For warehouse operators, e-commerce ‘is the biggest problem in the...by Brian Straight, managing editor, Modern Shipper on September 27, 2021
E-commerce growth and a shortage of workers have more warehouse operators looking toward automation, but adoption rates remain slow.
- 5 fires lead Daimler to recall certain 2022 Freightliner Cascadiasby Alan Adler on September 27, 2021
Daimler Trucks North America is recalling some 2022 Freightliner Cascadias because of five underbody fires related to misinstallation of […]
- Prime Partners With Mastery to Implement Cloud-Based TMSon September 27, 2021
Prime Inc. announced a partnership with Mastery Logistics Systems to implement a cloud-based transportation management system.
- Vocational Segment Increases Adoption of Advanced Safety System Technologyby Gary Frantz on September 27, 2021
As the rate of adoption of driver-assist safety technology continues to rise with over-the-road fleets, the vocational truck market — […]
- Trucker Visa Move to Get Gas Flowing in UK Called Inadequateby Alex Morales on September 27, 2021
Boris Johnson caved in to industry demands to issue visas to foreign truck drivers, as a crisis that has led to panic-buying at gas […]
- Entrepreneur shifts sights from grocery business to truckingby Steve Bouchard on September 27, 2021
I’ll make a confession up front: Pierre Robitaille is a long-time friend. When I met him, he was the owner of the IGA market in the small […]
- Pandemic, Amazon Driving Growth of Minnesota Mega-Business Centersby Bob Shaw on September 27, 2021
An enormous new kind of trucking center is rolling into the Twin Cities — thanks in part to the pandemic and the home-delivery giant […]
- EV Maker Polestar Valued at $20 Billion in SPAC Dealby Craig Trudell and Crystal Tse on September 27, 2021
Polestar, the electric vehicle maker backed by Volvo Car Group and actor Leonardo DiCaprio, agreed to go public through a merger with a […]
- Orders for Business Equipment Rise for Sixth Straight Monthby Vince Golle on September 27, 2021
Orders placed with U.S. manufacturers for business equipment strengthened in August, extending to six months a solid run of robust capital […]
- Supply chains prepare for peak-season tightnessby Jack Glenn on September 27, 2021
Echo’s Sean Burke advises building as much flexibility as possible into the planning process this fall.
- BMO, big lender to trucking, sticking to existing practices in the bull...by John Kingston on September 27, 2021
BMO’s quarterly reports show a trucking market that is stronger than it has been in years.
- Commentary: The week FreightTech grew upby John Paul Hampstead, Director, Passport Research on September 27, 2021
Last week’s Transfix, project44 and Emerge deals herald a maturing FreightTech space.
- EKA announces real-time integration with KeepTruckin, Samsaraby Contributed Content on September 27, 2021
New Omni-TMSTMA cloud-based platform helps dispatch productivity and load-movement visibility.
- Hurricane Sam churns toward Caribbean, Bermuda with 130-mph-plus windsby Nick Austin, Director of Weather Analytics and Senior Meteorologist on September 27, 2021
Hurricane Sam will make big waves in Atlantic shipping lanes, but should avoid landfall.
- Daily Infographic: Balancing Carrier Automation With the Human Elementby Brandon Cafferky on September 27, 2021
Learn how technology and automation can help maximize profits and strengthen your partner relationships at MyBlueGrace.com
- Fate of California’s AB5 riding on 2 cases seeking Supreme Court reviewby John Kingston on September 27, 2021
If the high court does not grant review and AB5 is implemented, the state’s trucking industry will look to a variety of solutions to be […]
- House Vote on Infrastructure Pushed to Sept. 30by Hope Yen on September 27, 2021
WASHINGTON — With President Joe Biden’s broad domestic agenda at risk of collapse, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Sept. 26 vowed that […]
- Average annual driver salaries have cracked $70k: ATBS’s Amenby John Kingston on September 26, 2021
Fueling the good times for drivers: a growing imbalance between the amount of loads available and the truckers who haul them.
- Why is the number of railcars in storage important?by Joanna Marsh on September 26, 2021
AskWaves answers why rail industry observers like to keep track of the number of railcars in storage. Hint: It has to do with broader […]
- Viewpoint: 4 steps to make your supply chain climate-resilientby Contributed Content on September 26, 2021
To ride out all these supply chain disruptions while preserving customers and profits, shippers should consider four major factors: […]
- Borderlands: Mexico reports 5,000-plus cargo thefts in first half of 2021by Noi Mahoney on September 26, 2021
Borderlands is a weekly rundown of developments in the world of United States-Mexico cross-border trucking and trade. This week: Mexico […]