CDL Digest has the latest CDL License information and the latest trucking news from the most trusted sources in the industry.
- FreightWaves adds aggregated predictive scientific rate tickers to SONARby Zach Strickland, FW Market Expert & Market Analyst on February 27, 2021
Though already present at a lane level in the Lane Signal application inside of the SONAR platform, FreightWaves has aggregated a national […]
- Trucking industry veterans publish second children’s bookby Grace Sharkey on February 27, 2021
Tripp and Detour continue their over-the-road adventures with a load of hot dogs, traveling through New York City boroughs to the Little […]
- Spot market rates set to resume slow downward trend after wild winterby Zach Strickland, FW Market Expert & Market Analyst on February 27, 2021
The underlying fundamentals of the market are showing signs of moving slowly back toward a more stable scenario and spot rates may be […]
- The Daily Dash: TuSimple’s public plans; diesel’s hotby FreightWaves Staff on February 27, 2021
In today’s edition, we highlight the upcoming public listing for a self-driving truck startup; the market’s impact after the winter […]
- Huge rebound in tender volumes as negative weather impact fadesby Seth Holm on February 27, 2021
The expected rebound for truckload markets did not disappoint.
- Navistar recalls 32,603 heavy-duty trucks for engine shutdownsby Alan Adler on February 26, 2021
Navistar is recalling more than 32,000 International LT and Lonestar models from several recent model years because engines can shut down […]
- Nikola Logs Q4, Refocuses on HD Truck Segmentby Staff on February 26, 2021
Nikola officials said they have refocused the business and realigned resources to battery-electric and hydrogen fuel-cell electric […]
- United Airlines settles fraud case over Postal Service contract for $49Mby Eric Kulisch, Air Cargo Editor on February 26, 2021
United Airlines on Friday became the second airline to pay millions of dollars in penalties for a scheme to defraud the U.S. Postal Service […]
- FreightTech innovation showcased during GSCWby Grace Sharkey on February 26, 2021
Five innovative FreightTech companies showcased their cutting-edge solutions during the FreightWaves Global Supply Chain Week.
- Transportation training company offers free course after deadly stormsby Nick Austin, Director of Weather Analytics and Senior Meteorologist on February 26, 2021
Employees can be “your greatest liabilities if they’re not trained properly,” says Infinit-I Workforce Solutions CEO Jay Wommack. So […]
- Buttigieg: Fuel Tax Not a Long-Term Funding Solutionby Vesna Brajkovic on February 26, 2021
Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg spoke about the Federal Highway Trust Fund and climate change during his keynote address at the […]
- US Lawmakers Introduce ‘Complete Streets’ Billby Eugene Mulero on February 26, 2021
A national program that promotes safety features for street designs recently was introduced by transportation policymakers.
- Gig worker rights battle moves to Torontoby Brian Straight on February 26, 2021
Just weeks after a U.K. court ruled that Uber drivers are essentially employees, a new push is on in Canada to unionize gig workers.
- Rickenbacker Airport’s cargo roller coaster heads up in 2021by Eric Kulisch, Air Cargo Editor on February 26, 2021
Rickenbacker Airport near Columbus, Ohio, is named after World War I ace Eddie Rickenbacker. The airport is a regional hero, supporting […]
- GSCW chat recap: How COVID-19 impacted downstream energy industryby Kaylee Nix on February 26, 2021
The societal shutdowns of 2020 had ripple effects in every industry. Rob Benedict breaks down how the energy industry was impacted and has […]
- Eurosender bridges European borders with straightforward shipping platformby Corrie White on February 26, 2021
“Ordering a truck in Poland is completely different than shipping something in Greece or Portugal."
- GSCW: Is RNG the fuel of the future? — WHAT THE TRUCK?!?by Kaylee Nix on February 26, 2021
On this episode of WHAT THE TRUCK?!? for FreightWaves Global Supply Chain Week, Dooner and The Dude talk about the future of renewable […]
- GSCW chat recap: The future of bulk commodities market post-COVIDby Clarissa Hawes, Senior Editor, Investigations and Enterprise on February 26, 2021
Jared Flinn, operating partner of Bulkloads.com., discusses the future of the bulk commodities market post-COVID-19 pandemic and what to […]
- TravelCenters of America Reports Q4 Net Loss, Eyes Alt Fuelsby Roger Gilroy on February 26, 2021
TravelCenters of America Inc. reported a fourth-quarter loss and a decline in revenue as diesel gross margins plunged and pandemic-related […]
- GSCW chat recap: Circular economy for EV batteriesby Alyssa Sporrer on February 26, 2021
Life cycle management and recycling expert Lauren Roman dives into what it takes to responsibly recycle electric vehicle batteries.
- Storm’s whipsaw effect tilts power in carriers’ favor — how long can...by Andrew Cox on February 26, 2021
There are many variables converging that will keep upward pressure on spot rates and tender rejections for the coming weeks. Carriers will […]
- FreightWaves Classics: Origins of the Interstate Highway System (Part 2)by Scott Mall, Managing Editor of FreightWaves Classics on February 26, 2021
President Eisenhower was instrumental in the construction of the Interstate Highway System. Read how his career was intertwined with these […]
- GSCW chat recap: Operating an asset-light 4PLby FreightWaves Staff on February 26, 2021
TMSforce executives Tim Sensenig and Rick Gonzalez explain the differences between a 3PL and a 4PL.
- GSCW chat recap: Using blockchain in the oil patch — and elsewhereby FreightWaves Staff on February 26, 2021
In the oil patch, a significant share of logistics activity is highly repetitive. Blockchain can automate the payment processes.
- Could COVID vaccines kill food delivery service growth?by Brian Straight on February 26, 2021
Companies like DoorDash and Uber Eats exploded during the pandemic as Americans ordered out for meals, but they face a more difficult path […]
- Keeping carriers loyal requires more than competitive ratesby Ashley Coker, Associate Editor on February 26, 2021
Competitive rates will convince a carrier to pick up a load, but the right combination of relationship and convenience will keep them […]
- Truck Talk: Tuning up the volume editionby Alan Adler on February 26, 2021
Truck Talk, is a weekly newsletter where FreightWaves adds context, commentary and color to industry news and trends.
- XTL Group to open new warehouse in Deltaby James Menzies on February 26, 2021
The XTL Group is opening a new 111,000 sq.-ft. warehouse and distribution center in Delta, B.C. The new facility will open March 1, and is […]
- GSCW chat recap: Allyn leaders on 4PL control towersby Alyssa Sporrer on February 26, 2021
Allyn International experts discuss how a 4PL control tower acts as the nervous system in a global supply chain.
- Autocar delivers first DC-64D dump truck to Canadaby James Menzies on February 26, 2021
LMA LaPointe Construction in Quebec has taken delivery of the first Autocar DC-64D dump truck to hit – or haul – Canadian soil. The […]
- Transmission: Does Tesla face a demand constraint?by Clay Katzman on February 26, 2021
Tesla has shut down production of its California assembly plant for two weeks due to a variety of supply chain problems. Should there be […]
- GSCW keynote: Puranik’s five C’s that influence marginsby Mike McAllister on February 26, 2021
Worldwide Oilfield Machine’s co-founder unveils her strategy for a healthy company, no matter if the times are good or bad.
- XPO Appoints Ravi Tulsyan to Finance Positionon February 26, 2021
XPO Logistics appointed Ravi Tulsyan to the newly created position of deputy chief financial officer effective immediately, the company […]
- FreightWaves bringing F3: Future of Freight Festival to Chattanooga in...by Brian Straight on February 26, 2021
FreightWaves is bringing back its in-person events this year with the F3: Future of Freight Festival in November, celebrating all things […]
- Top 3 Causes of Truck Repair Delaysby Denise Rondini on February 26, 2021
Lack of communication, improper diagnosis and parts availability were cited as one of the biggest causes of repair delays, according to […]
- Thermo King Expands Blue Trackby Staff on February 26, 2021
Thermo King has expanded the number of Blue Track dealerships, which focus on express lane service, dwell-time monitoring, and real-time […]
- Black History Month: CEO Hope White shares struggles and hopeby Alyssa Sporrer on February 26, 2021
Hope White, founder and CEO at H.D. White Logistics, dives into personal challenges with getting promoted as a Black female and what it […]
- Consumer Sentiment Fell in February to a Six-Month Lowby Julia Fanzeres on February 26, 2021
U.S. consumer sentiment fell in February to a six-month low as expectations remained weak even while lawmakers moved closer to approving […]
- GSCW chat recap: Using blockchain to tackle child labor, modern slaveryby FreightWaves Staff on February 26, 2021
Penn State professor Justin Goldston explains how technology such as blockchain can be used to create an ethical international supply chain.
- Nyobolt raises $10M in Series A, claims 1-minute battery chargeby Grace Sharkey on February 26, 2021
Coming out of the University of Cambridge, the team has extensive research published in academic journals to back up their claims.
- Chinese Trucking Startup Files Confidentially for US IPOby Lulu Yilun Chen and Vinicy Chan on February 26, 2021
China’s Uber-like startup Full Truck Alliance confidentially has filed for an initial public offering that could raise at least $1 […]
- Grote Launches New Headlampson February 26, 2021
Grote Industries announced its newest forward lighting, the 90mm LED High Beam and Low Beam headlamps and the 90mm Combination High […]
- GSCW chat recap: The fall and rise of US shale between 2020 and 2021by John Kingston on February 26, 2021
The oil and gas upstream industry went through a wild ride in 2020 that continues in 2021. A leading analyst of its fortunes joins GSCW to […]
- House to Vote on Virus Billby Alan Fram on February 26, 2021
WASHINGTON — Democrats are ready to shove a $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package through the House on Feb. 26, despite a setback that […]
- Dana Taps Byron Foster as Chief Commercial Officeron February 26, 2021
Dana Inc. announced Byron Foster joined the company as chief commercial, marketing and communications officer.
- GSCW chat recap: Bob McDowell and John Esparzaby Noi Mahoney on February 26, 2021
Experts weigh in on how the pandemic has affected trucking companies that work the Texas oil patch.
- Nikola Falls After Paring Output Goals for Debut Electric Trucksby Ed Ludlow and Skylar Woodhouse on February 26, 2021
Nikola Corp. shares slipped after the company cut projected output of its first commercial zero-emission vehicles and said it may seek to […]
- NRF retail sales forecast says ‘Party on, freight markets’by Andrew Cox on February 26, 2021
There is no definitive end for this freight bull market in sight. Consumers continue to spend on goods, driving freight and diminishing […]
- United Cargo’s March schedule dented by removal of Boeing 777sby Eric Kulisch, Air Cargo Editor on February 26, 2021
United Airlines took down its Boeing 777-200s with the type of engine that disintegrated on takeoff from Denver last weekend. Now the […]
- Illinois logistics firm folds, files Chapter 7by Clarissa Hawes, Senior Editor, Investigations and Enterprise on February 26, 2021
An Illinois firm, Lions Logistics 1, which specialized in perishable foods and other time-sensitive loads, filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, […]